5.13.2007

SynthEdit - classic samplers modeled - free



SynthEdit is a Modular Synthesiser for Windows XP and Vista. With SynthEdit you can design your own Synth from the ground up. Drag and drop modular components, connect them with virtual "patch cords". - www.synthedit.com

I've been meaning to post about SynthEdit, because it is so cool, and because it's free. I loaded this onto my computer and it worked immediately with my basic soundcard (Echo Mia MIDI). Immediately I was making sounds with a Moog-like synth and then an ARP 2600. I got to see the layout and get an idea of what these might sound like in real life. Definitely cured me of the expensive urge to buy vintage mono-synths for their unique sounds, esp since most of those are out of tune all the time due to neglect. Not that an out of tune synth is necessarily a bad thing. ANYhoo, it's very cool and if you're looking for free synth sounds well there you go. As far as I know SynthEdit doesn't speak OSC, yet.